Inter-Group Delegates represent their A.A. Groups at quarterly meetings of Delegates from groups in the New York City Area. During the meetings, members of the Steering Committee of the Inter-Group Association of A.A. of New York report to the Delegates on the operations of the Inter-Group office. The fourteen (14) members of the Steering Committee are responsible to Delegates for the Twelfth-Step service of the Inter-Group Association.
The following are suggested duties of Inter-Group Delegates:
- Attend quarterly Delegate Meetings in March, June, September, and December. Call the New York Inter-Group office for details and or to confirm the dates, etc.
- Attend Inter-Group Area Forums as announced.
- Report the results of Delegates’ quarterly meetings and periodic area Forums to the group.
- Communicate information received from Inter-Group to the Group.
- Vote for the Group on issues presented to Delegates by New York Inter-Group’s Steering Committee.
- Communicate to the Steering Committee the Groups’ Conscience affecting the Twelfth-Step service of New York Inter-Group.
- Act as liaison between Inter-Group and the Group selling tickets to the annual dinner-dance celebrating the sobriety Anniversary of A.A. co-founder, Bill W. Proceeds from the event benefit Inter-Group.
- Follow up Twelfth-Step referrals to the Group’s meetings. Delegates receive notification by mail from Inter-Group of telephone contacts from still-suffering alcoholics requesting Twelfth-Step assistance. It is suggested that Delegates determine that the Group member identified as the Group’s Twelfth-Step contact has welcomed the newcomer to Group fellowship.
- Schedule periodic Inter-Group Information Meetings for the Group. Information meetings can be booked at quarterly Exchange Meetings or by calling the Inter-Group staff.
- Determine that Group meeting information is accurately reported in New York Inter-Group’s Meeting List Book.
- Inform group members of opportunities for Twelfth-Step service with New York Inter-Group.
- Note: It is suggested that Groups elect Alternate Inter-Group Delegates to substitute for Delegates when necessary.